Friday, January 21, 2011

He's baaaaaaccck! Well, sort of.


According to Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune, Sox manager Ozzie Guillen's contract option for 2012 was picked up by the White Sox today, as GM Kenny Williams announced the move at Sox Fest. This is great news, considering that the team won't have to deal with that question night in and night out during the course of this season, even if things should go sour (let's hope not).

Even though I don't necessarily agree with everything Ozzie says or does (and the same can go for GM Williams), I appreciate the amount of stability the two have brought to the team over the last seven years, and I appreciate even more their outspoken nature. Baseball has way too many stiffs giving the "company line" kind of answers, and I appreciate that whenever they offer their opinion on something, they are honest, and they do not hold back. Plus, these two have brought the Sox back to relevancy again, and I would hate to see a boring-ass manager like Jerry Manuel leading the Sox again.

I don't think anybody else could do a better job with the Sox than Guillen, and I am very happy to know that he'll be leading this team for at the very least all of next season. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment