Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'll keep this one short and sweet


Tonight, the Sox enter their biggest series of the season, but I suppose you didn't need me to tell you that. With the Sox sitting at 79-64 and six games behind the Twins entering tonight, they will need to sweep the series to even have a remote chance of making a comeback. Even then, trailing by three games with 16 left to play is still a tall mountain to climb, but I'm sure the Sox would rather take their chances with that. Here's how the pitching matchups look for this series:

Tonight: John Danks (13-10, 3.54) vs. Francisco Liriano (13-7, 3.24)
Wednesday: Gavin Floyd (10-12, 3.91) vs. Brian Duensing (8-2, 2.02)
Thursday: Mark Buehrle (12-10, 3.99) vs. Carl Pavano (16-11, 3.47)

Needless to say, I'm pretty confident about the chances of the Sox pulling off a sweep. I know it's a tall order, and it might even be a fantasy, but crazier things have happened. I'm not giving up hope just yet. Let's go Sox!

No comments:

Post a Comment